Saturday 26 May 2007

Irises


Irises
Originally uploaded by JournalEYES
I used two techniques here. I drew the Flag Iris on the right first. It was drawn with watercolour pencils then painted over with a waterbrush, but I think I overworked it. It's always so hard when to know to stop!

The one on the left I painted with a light watercolour wash then shaved on some pigment from the watercolour pencils. This technique would have worked better on proper watercolour paper as the moleskine sketchbook does not seem to like getting too wet - it will take a certain amount of water but then tends to seep through to the back of the page. I like the looser look of this one though - what do you think?

Watercolour and watercolour pencils in Moleskine Sketchbook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your feedback is always appreciated...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin