Friday 11 September 2009

Journaling buddies...

There are many things I love about Journaling, but one the most unexpected pleasures has been the wonderful online communities that I have connected with.

One journal keeper I connected with was Liz (Flickr name Borromini Bear) who generously contributed some of her work to my Travel Journal booklet.

A few weeks ago I was looking through her Flickr pages, and spotted a drawing of Vanburgh, the architect of Castle Howard in Yorkshire. She mentioned in her post that she was planning to visit the UK from Australia. I commented on her photo, asking if she was planning to visit Bath. Well, it transpired that she was indeed passing nearby, and had decided to stop off for tea at the world famous Bridge Tea Rooms in Bradford-on-Avon in the morning en-route to Wales. As I do the school run to Bradford-on-Avon every morning this turned out to be perfect.

So, this morning I had the pleasure to meet up with Liz, and Borromini Bear himself, we sketched in the tea rooms and swapped journaling experiences. Here is Liz in action (with Borromini in the foreground) -



So, if you have been hesitating to start that journal, JUST DO IT, you never know what may happen.

To see some of Liz's wonderful journal pages, and read a little about her journaling experience take a look at this wonderful book she had printed

8 comments:

  1. Oh what fun for you both!!
    The tea shop looks lovely too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mary, yes it was lovely to meet a 'virtual friend' especially someone who shares the same passion!
    The tea room is wonderful, I'm just glad we weren't meeting for afternoon tea, as their cakes are guaranteed to put an inch on your thighs just by looking at them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so neat that you were able to connect and have a fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! It's so special when artists are brought together after enjoying each other's work from a distance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Gill, just checking in to see how you are doing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mary how nice of you... My muse has been sadly missing lately, probably due to to many IT projects on the go. I am taking an online workshop at the moment which is getting me back in the swing of things so I will hopefully be posting something soon. I hope you had a very enjoyable Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gill, how cool that you and Liz were able to get together! I enjoyed checking out her holiday sketches.

    I just awarded you an award; see my blog for info.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gill, I hope you had a great Christmas, wishing you a blessed New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback is always appreciated...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin